Welcome Back to Blogging 101
Today we have
She Breathes Deeply!
She has an amazing blog HERE, check it out!
Let’s learn from another amazing blogger:)
- What is your favorite season and why?
Fall is my absolute FAVORITE season. I love cardigans, boots, and scarves all Autumn long!
- What do you do when you are not blogging?
When I am not blogging I am changing diapers, folding laundry, and tending to my favorite little girl in the whole world.
- What is one post you are really proud of?
I wrote a very honest post about how I was struggling with being a new mom. It was humbling to write, but I met so many like minded women through that humbling honesty.
- Who are some bloggers you look up to and why?
One of my favorite bloggers is Emery Jo over at "Moms Are For Everyone!" Her honesty, her faith, and her writing continually inspires me, every time I drop by to read her blog.
- What does an average week look like for you in upkeep for your blog?
Being a first time mama to a 7 month old, juggling sharing a car with my husband, and trying to keep the household chores moving while my husband works two jobs- blogging can sometimes be the LAST thing on my list of things to do. I used to sweat it, trying to write X amount of posts a week. It became a part time job for me through all the up keep. I've backed up a lot, and just started to write what I care about... And now blogging is a whole lot more fun for!
- What do you think the average blogger doesn’t realize about being a success?
It takes a whole heck of a lot of work. Plus, success is relative. I've been to blogs that barely have any readers, and totally fallen in love with their blog. I've also been to blogs that have thousands of readers, and never cared to visit again. I'm finding, if I reach one reader with my words, and inspire them, and hopefully point them to Jesus's love... then every word I have ever wrote has been worth it.
- How did you find you niche?
I'm all about writing what you know. For me that means writing about the joys and hardships of being a new mother. Also, I am a certified yoga instructor. While I am not teaching at the moment, I do enjoy writing about Christian yoga.
- Do you set goals for your blog?
Yes, I have in the past. Anymore, with life as crazy as it is, I am trying to live as simply and stress free as possible. The goals I have for my blog now are to just keep writing what I want to write about.
- What is something you wish more bloggers knew (in general or specific)?
The aesthetic of your blog is SO important! If your blog is over designed and too "busy" you will overwhelm your readers... and they will not come back! It is worth it to have someone design a nice, clean, simple layout/logo/header. It makes all the difference!
- What is one (or some) of your pet peeves in the blogging world?
My biggest pet peeve is something I have done, and I am working on not being a part of... Which is trying to appear like a perfect blogger! NO ONE, I say again, NO ONE is perfect. Let your hair down, and show a "real" side to your writing. : )
- What are the most important blogging etiquette behaviors?
This goes with out saying, but BE POLITE! Over the internet, it is a lot easier to say exactly what you think, even if it is rude. Be kind! Remember, there is a HUMAN sitting on the other side reading that comment.
- What are the most important activities for growing your blog?
Networking! Get to know other bloggers.
- Do you have one or two things you would credit the success of your blog to?
I have three things: 1.)Blood 2.) Sweat & 3.) Tears. Just kidding... kind of anyway. Like I mentioned before, success is relative. If you are honest and real, people will be drawn to your blog.
- How do you define success?
Simply helping others, loving others, and writing what you love.
- What advice would you give to bloggers who want to grow their blogs?
Write what you know. Design your blog simply with good design in mind. Network. Meet other bloggers. Don't be afraid to fail. Just keep writing. : )
Thanks so much Mandy!
Make sure you stop by her blog and follow you won't regret it!!
Here is the line-up you have to look forward to hearing form coming up….
- Katie from Love with Katie
- Mandey from Mama and the Dudes
- Mandy from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Anna from IHOD (In Honor of Design)
Read them HERE
Want to read MORE great blogger interviews?
Check out Amanda from Serenity Now's Series HERE